Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sequential Process

I work sequential pages in a manner similar to my character designs. First step would involve doing a thumbnail to decide on the storytelling and composition of the page. I'll be more or less involved depending on how detailled the script is. Some writers work with vague descriptions, while others are storytelling masters with a very strong and detailled vision.

Below is a single panel from a sequential. On it, I've also done a quick shadow layer that can be used as reference by the colorist later on. Sometimes lights and tonality are important to storytelling so I try to keep them in mind when I work. At this point in the process, I can easily come back and modify the composition before pencilling the finished piece.

After I have something I like, I blow up the thumbs and re-work them into a finished piece at full-size (Generally 11 x 17). You'll notice I leave the art open, for the colorist to be able to add to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home