Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mobile Game Design

Here's a creature that I designed for a mobile game, set to come out on Sony's PSP later this year... I guess.

I do that type of work quite regularly and these are the usual steps for getting the job done: First, I prepare quick thumbnail sketches like on the first image. I do at least 3-4 of them based on the art order/art direction/other early notes from the client. Sometimes, I have to go through several rounds of sketches before finding the right path so I can end up doing a few dozens of those on some projects.


Once I'm done, I move on to step 2 and do a finished piece based on the client's comments and notes. For this one, they needed a green and brown version based on the palettes at the center.

Voilà!

7 Comments:

Blogger Alejandro Lavquén said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 15, 2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Alejandro Lavquén said...

is that for lotr? Or wow? :)

that is simply amazing!

(excuse the previous deleted message i couldnot edit it so i deleted it)

January 15, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Michel said...

Pas mal. Je préfère le brun.

January 15, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Gamma_Bomb said...

je veu manger ommellette. (my french effort, heh)

that design rules dub m'man! never noticed mobile games had so much details to them. hahaha.

January 16, 2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger robscheer said...

I like some, if not all of the rejected thumbs better than the client's pick. Impressive work nonetheless.

January 16, 2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger harrior said...

niiiiiice!

January 16, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Michel said...

Je me demandais, ils te donnent le scénario du jeu quand tu fais des personnages comme ça ou simplement une description?

January 16, 2006 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home