Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mobile Game Design

Here's a creature that I designed for a mobile game, set to come out on Sony's PSP later this year... I guess.

I do that type of work quite regularly and these are the usual steps for getting the job done: First, I prepare quick thumbnail sketches like on the first image. I do at least 3-4 of them based on the art order/art direction/other early notes from the client. Sometimes, I have to go through several rounds of sketches before finding the right path so I can end up doing a few dozens of those on some projects.


Once I'm done, I move on to step 2 and do a finished piece based on the client's comments and notes. For this one, they needed a green and brown version based on the palettes at the center.

VoilĂ !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home