Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Zoom Out

Still working, part time, on cleaning that short story page, which is the first, fully digital page I made. I'm finally getting use to the European canvas and storytelling. I was already reading European comic since youth, but doing it is another story, specially when you've put all your efforts of the previous years getting used to a particular way of working, which was in my case, the comic book way, smaller canvas, deadline consideration, different approach, etc...I've read a lot of European comics lately, rediscovering it with new eyes, decrypting and learning. One of those thing I had to get use, is to zoom out the camera, from what was comin' naturally.

Two, still unfinished, zoomed out panel.

4 Comments:

Blogger JEIK DION said...

Dub...those panels are effin' fine!
Leave them that way!
do comics with this style!!!!!
Oh and get that sketchbook done already. I wanna buy it!

July 26, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Dub said...

He he, what a little impatient fellow we got there. :)

Well, They're close to finish, but some parts need a little more definition. But I know what you mean, I'll keep the sketchy feeling, just for you. ;)

As for doing comic that way, that's the first page of 8 pages story, and there's that other short story i'm doing, for the cowboy anthology, wich will be fully digital too.

And, for the sketchbook, Vol.1 is in production, more news on the subject soon.

Thx again for comment Jeik.

July 27, 2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger JEIK DION said...

Isin'it fucked up that we write to eachother in english so that americans can read this? (wich they probably never will...)
Anyway, désolé de t'avoir paru impatient, c'est juste que j'trouve ca vraiment inspirant ce que tu fais ses temps-ci!
On irra se boire un beer apres nos rush repectifs!
rock on.

July 27, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Sail said...

I'm reading... and there is nothing wrong with english :)

July 27, 2006 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home